Year-End Colours

Saturday, December 09, 2017

Although I love to have a poinsettia or two in my garden every end of the year, I will sometimes just settle for something red when I can't find a healthy one, and I am glad with what I have found this year :)

Actually I chose some pink-red caladiums. They caught my eyes at the nursery and were looking really fantastic. So I have to purchase them although the price was on the high side. When I got them home I used them to replace some coleus plants I was growing in the two small planters below.



My impatiens have grown bigger and are now flowering. The blooms are pretty and the red shade is similar to my gloxinia which happens to be flowering also. 



Here is the top view...



My red double-gloxinia's first bloom...



Here are second and third...



Early one morning, as I was walking into my garden I noticed my yellow four o'clock in bloom. I walked closer as I really like its sweet-smelling fragrance, umm...



Once the rosemary plant start flowering, it will bloom non-stop!



Lovely, lovely bunch of white trailing roses 



Again, only one bloom from my rosy rain lily but the colour was really vivid. It doesn't show so much from this picture, sorry.



Have a blessed year-end ♡ 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. All beautiful blooms espcially the gloxinia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and happy new year, ...IN THE SWIM... :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Steph...it's a pleasure to see the flowers growing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Normala, it's a pleasure to hear from you. Thank you and happy new year!

      Delete
  3. Love the pink colours you had set there - the Caladiums looks lovely.
    Hopefully they don't go dormant.
    Mine gone missing and I totally lost it as I'm unable where I had placed it when I thought it was an empty pot.

    Have a blessed New Year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello James,

    Blessed new year to you too!
    Oh yes, I am keeping my fingers crossed for these expensive caladiums. But one has loose its leaves already. So, they are probably taking turns to go dormant, sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Press

Paperblog

All Gardening Sites

BLOG SEARCH ENGINE

DIRECTORY OF GARDENING BLOGS

GDPR Policy

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *